Local SEO Copywriting
(For Amazing Online Marketing)
Local SEO helps improve Google My Business rankings and boosts your business in
search results. It is a must-have online marketing strategy for businesses wanting
to reach their local community. Contact me for help with copywriting and content creation that is local SEO friendly.
What is Local SEO?
Local search engine optimisation (SEO) is a suite of techniques applied to websites and online content. When done well it improves user experience and increases local search result rankings.
3 Ways to Help Your Business Rank Well Using Local SEO Strategies
- Set up and maintain your Google My Business listing.
- Complete directory listings.
- Optimise all your online content to make it accessible to search engine algorithms.
Boost Your Business in Local Search Results
The first things you need to do to boost your business in local search results are:
- Learn about local search algorithms and;
- Your audience’s online behaviour.
60 % more people are doing ‘near me’ searches, i.e. ‘vet near me’.
78% of Aussies research
making a purchase.
41% was the growth rate of online shopping (before COVID-19).
People are looking for local businesses online as their first port of call1.
Before leaving the house, most purchase decisions are already made1.
Regional cities such as Toowoomba, QLD as well as towns further west are increasing their online shopping2.
Google My Business
As a copywriter with years of experience preparing copy for online marketing, I
understand local SEO. Most notably, I know the impact healthy content and
optimisation has on websites and rankings.
Customers (and Google) need to know:
- Where you are.
- How to contact you.
- If you have contactless options.
- How you take payment.
- Who to ask questions.
- Your services.
- Where you source materials from.
- When you are open.
- If you take appointments.
- How to get help.
- If you accept online orders.
- How to get more information.
- Your business values.
- If you take pre-orders.
All of the above information must be easy for both customers and search engines such as Google to find.
Local SEO is a Goldmine and Well Worth Your Time
There is a lot more I can share about local SEO. Over time, I’ll add posts to the Page 88 blog with tips, information and resources you can use to improve your local SEO. Check out the Page 88 blog (and don’t forget to bookmark it).
You can stay up-to-date on new information, techniques and tips via the Page 88 social media pages.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone (0402 064 677), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or online.
- 1. Think With Google. Year in Search Australia: Insights for Brands Report 2020. 2020.
- 2. Australia Post. Inside Australian Online Shopping: 2019 eCommerce Industry Report. n.d.